Welcome to the Clinic of Neurology.
Under the direction of Professor Dr. Christian Gerloff the Clinic of Neurology treats stroke patients, patients with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, and patients with multiple sclerosis. We boast one of the largest certified stroke units in Germany.
As part of the University Medical Center, we are a supranational specialty center for complex and rare conditions such as:
- movement disorders (dystonias, tremor, tics, myoclonus, Parkinson’s disease, chorea, stereotypies, hemifacial spasm, spasticity)
- muscular (myopathies) and neuromuscular diseases (e.g. Myasthenia gravis); polyneuropathies; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- headaches, also as one-week combination therapy (e.g., in case of severe migraine, cluster headache), neuropathic pain
- inflammatory diseases of the nervous system
- multiple sclerosis
- infectious diseases including Creutzfeld Jakob disease and infection associated with HIV
- dementias (e.g., vascular dementia, normal pressure hydrocephalus, Alzheimer’s)
- hereditary neurological diseases
We employ proven experts in the field of pain therapy. In collaboration with the Clinic of Neurosurgery, we also offer deep brain stimulation to patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Scientific research and the successful individual treatment of patients are inextricably linked in our clinic. Several scientific projects are being funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG; English: German Research Foundation) and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to advance therapies for the benefit of our patients. Our work focuses on basic as well as treatment-oriented research in the areas of stroke, movement disorders, multiple sklerosis and headache.
Please direct your treatment request to the UKE International Office.
Hamburg local time